21 December 2022
AtomOS 10.84.00 Firmware Release Notes
To control the Ninja V+ via the updated AtomRemote app, an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory or AtomX SYNC module and an Apple iOS device or Mac are required.
Download AtomRemote for free
You can either search the App Store for AtomRemote, download the app via this link, or by scanning the QR code below.
ATOMOS recommends that your Ninja V+ is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted HDD/SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJP.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the HDD/SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the HDD/SSD into the Ninja V+.
- If you have an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V+ and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V+ is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V+ will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V+ back on and the device will automatically start updating the ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.84.00 is successfully installed on the Ninja V+, the unit may reboot to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
AtomRemote App Support for ATOMOS CONNECT
Remotely operate record/playback functions and activate onscreen tools such as focus peaking, 1:1 zoom, frame guides, waveforms.
Basic Setup Instructions:
- Open the AtomRemote app and choose Ninja/CONNECT as the device you want to control.
- Enable Bluetooth on your supported iOS/macOS device to control and pair your Ninja V+.
- On the Ninja V+, tap the top info bar and slide over to the Sync Config menu.
- In there, set the Ninja V+ to Pairing Mode by pressing Pair in the Bluetooth section.
- Compare the pairing ID on both your Ninja V+ and the AtomRemote app. If the codes match, proceed by pairing the Ninja V+ with the AtomRemote app.
- After a successful pair, press the circular blue Remote icon on the Ninja V+’s main screen.
- You can now control the Ninja V+ via the AtomRemote app.
Note: Ninja V+, equipped with an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory, can only be paired to a single device via Bluetooth at a time. This means that once the Ninja is connected to the AtomRemote app, it can't be paired to another device. If it's already paired to another device, the Ninja V+ needs to be unpaired before attempting to connect to AtomRemote.
Note: Whilst Remote mode is active, you can’t operate the Ninja V+’s touchscreen.
For a detailed walkthrough of the AtomRemote app, watch the setup guide on our YouTube Channel. Whilst the video only showcases the setup with an AtomX SYNC module, the same steps also apply for ATOMOS CONNECT as well.
Introduction of an additional H.265 compression option
H.265 XQ offers the highest level of quality for HEVC recording on ATOMOS devices.
- Up to 300 Mb/s in UHD50/60
- 10-Bit & 8-Bit color
- 4:2:2 subsampling
- All-Intra compression
For more information on H.265 XQ and its specifications for all supported resolution/frame rate combinations, we recommend taking a look at our H.265 target data rate table in our FAQs.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Resolved an issue (Error Code 1023) that caused the device to freeze or become unresponsive whilst recording H.265 video.
- Resolved an encoding issue that caused C2C proxies and live-streams to exhibit artifacts that can be described as a pulsating image.
- Resolved an issue where users couldn't connect their Ninja V+ to iOS WiFi hotspots that include apostrophes or other special characters in their SSID.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- Enabling Wi-Fi may be intermittent. A dialogue message may suggest a system reboot to fix.
- When recording ProRes RAW from the X-H2, there is a 36px thick black line on the right edge of the frame.
- Pairing Ninja V+ with a Nikon Z 9 camera, ZOOM audio recorders, and TASCAM audio recorders via AirGlu BT is not supported at this time, as we're working with our partners to implement compatibility for our new AirGlu 2 hardware modules found in all CONNECT-enabled devices. However, pairing to iOS apps UltraSync Blue Slate, Mavis Pro Camera, and MetaRecorder is possible.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format when using the AtomX SYNC Module or ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V+ in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V+ before connecting a new camera.