May 22nd 2023
AtomOS 10.91.00 Firmware Release Notes
ATOMOS recommends that your SHOGUN CONNECT is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMSGC.FW file to the root of the SSD.
- Eject the SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the SSD into the SHOGUN CONNECT.
- Power on the SHOGUN CONNECT and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your SHOGUN CONNECT is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your SHOGUN CONNECT will power itself down.
- Power your SHOGUN CONNECT back on.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.91.00 is successfully installed on the SHOGUN CONNECT, the unit may reboot to update its hardware modules. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
Introduction of the Ignore Audio Dropouts function
Our devices will generally restart the recording if there is any change in the input, regardless if it's in the video or audio feeds. With some video inputs, particularly wireless video transmission systems, when the signal strength decreases, the video may continue to be transmitted consistently, but the audio may drop in and out. In this scenario, the Shogun would then split the clip whenever the audio drops out, even though the video continues to be transmitted.
- Enabling the new "Ignore Audio Dropouts" option via the Audio menu allows the device to continue recording despite the audio dropouts, and it will fill any gaps in the audio track with silence instead of splitting the recording.
Limitations of the Ignore Audio Dropouts function
- Ignore Audio Dropouts can only be used with ProRes and DNx codecs for now.
- Ignore Audio Dropouts only supports up to 8 Audio Channels. The 9/10 and 11/12 channel pairs cannot be used with it.
- Ignore Audio Dropouts cannot be used while Streaming (RTMP, Live Show, or NDI). The feature will be automatically disabled while streaming is configured and re-enabled (if applicable) when the device is no longer streaming.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- When playing back an H.265 clip that was recorded at 720p50 & 720p59.94, the Zoom and Waveform monitoring functions are disabled.
- Enabling Wi-Fi may be intermittent. A dialogue message may suggest a system reboot to fix.
- When recording ProRes RAW from the X-H2, there is a 36px thick black line on the right edge of the frame.
- WFM monitor tool is not available for 8kp30 and 6Kp60 RAW inputs.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the SHOGUN CONNECT in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the SHOGUN CONNECT before connecting a new camera.
- In playback mode, selecting the first ProRes RAW file to view, some artifacts may be visible. These are not present in the recorded file and will not appear on any clips played after the first selected clip