June 14th 2023
AtomOS 10.92.01 Firmware Release Notes
ATOMOS recommends that your Ninja V+ is plugged into mains power before commencing the firmware update.
- Insert a compatible, formatted SSD into the Docking Station.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ATOMNJP.FW file to the root of the HDD/SSD.
- Eject the SSD (according to operating system guidelines).
- Insert the SSD into the Ninja V+.
- If you have an ATOMOS CONNECT accessory ensure this is connected to your device before powering on, as the module firmware will also need to be updated as part of this FW release.
- Power on the Ninja V+ and the firmware update process will begin automatically.
- If your Ninja V+ is already powered on, you will be prompted to perform the firmware update when a drive containing new firmware is inserted.
- Once the update is complete, your Ninja V+ will power itself down.
- Power your Ninja V+ back on and the device will automatically start updating the ATOMOS CONNECT accessory.
- To verify if the firmware update was successfully completed, navigate to the main menu and scroll to the info tab.
Note: Once firmware 10.92.01 is successfully installed on the Ninja V+, the unit may reboot to update the ATOMOS CONNECT firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware installation process.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
Improved audio quality when streaming to YouTube
Tweaked the device's RTMP audio configuration that may have previously caused distortion when streaming to YouTube.
Improved Panasonic LUMIX GH6 RAW signal locking
Resolved the issue introduced in AtomOS 10.92.00 that resulted in the Ninja V+ not locking incoming RAW signals from the GH6.
Known Limitations to be resolved in future releases:
- It may take up to 10 seconds for Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections to re-established when users switch between record and playback mode. Please allow the system time to automatically reconnect to your network.
- When playing back an H.265 clip that was recorded at 720p50 & 720p59.94, the Zoom and Waveform monitoring functions are disabled.
- When recording ProRes RAW from the X-H2, there is a 36px thick black line on the right edge of the frame.
- WFM monitor tool is not available for 8kp30 and 6Kp60 RAW inputs.
- Network Record Control is not available when H.265 is selected as the record format.
- Live Streaming is only available when using standard YCC 422 video inputs, and when the record codec is set to either ProRes or DNx. If ProRes RAW or H.265 are selected as the record codec, streaming isn't available.
- If the user boots into ProRes RAW recording mode with a YCC SDI Input, the monitoring image may be incorrect. Monitoring and Recording whilst outputting a RAW signal to the Ninja V+ in ProRes RAW mode will work as expected.
- If switching between different camera models whilst HDMI Compatibility mode is selected, ensure that you reboot the Ninja V+ before connecting a new camera.
- In playback mode, selecting the first ProRes RAW file to view, some artifacts may be visible. These are not present in the recorded file and will not appear on any clips played after the first selected clip
- Sluggish performance when using two AtomRemote apps connected to a single Shogun CONNECT. Please only pair one AtomRemote app per device.